Thursday 27 August 2015

Cold weather training

This week I've been cold-weather training in Devon. Actually, I've been camping in Devon with family and new puppy, but the weather's been simply atrocious. We've had rain practically every day. So much so, that the tent's given up, and there are puddles round my sleeping bag, and my daughter Kate has been taking fellow campers round her 'trench experience' for 10p a time.

Mind you, I did get into the sea at Mill Bay yesterday (which was a bit worrying when I found myself being swept up the estuary towards Salcombe), and I did get in the sea today at Bigbury (which was also worrying because the massive waves made it difficult to see the shore).

So, some cold training and some sea training. Probably another damp and soggy sleep this evening, and maybe, just maybe another swim tomorrow if the weather brightens up.

I'm looking forward to getting back to the warmth and calm of Brockwell Lido.


No comments:

Post a Comment