Sunday 6 September 2015

Aching shoulders

Alex, Orlaith and Clive at Dover Harbour
I'm stiff and store this morning. I have aching shoulders, taught pecs and bulging biceps. Alex, Orlaith and I did a 90 minute swim in Dover Harbour yesterday, and it's a while since I've swam for that long in the sea.

We have less than a week until our rescheduled swim window. My nervous excitement is beginning to build again. I'm trying to be a bit blasé about it all, so I don't get too deflated if our swim is cancelled again. (Some swims were cancelled yesterday, even though it was lovely and calm in the harbour - it was actually warmer in the water than it was standing on the shore!)

Our swim window starts on Saturday 12th September. High tide is at 11.38 (am or pm), so we're likely to being doing another late night drive to Dover.

I've eaten most of the sweets and crisps I'd packed as supplies for the previous swim window (on the grounds that they'd have gone off - honestly), and I couldn't resist opening one of the bottles of Champagne, so I'll be restocking this week.

I'm looking forward to some gentle swims in the Lido whilst I taper towards the big event!

No comments:

Post a Comment