Wednesday 8 April 2015

Summertime Blues

April 1st - not Fool's Day, just the start of the Summer season at Brockwell Lido. I can look forward to longer opening hours, blue skies, and warmer water.

Today was my first time back in the water since skiing last week. Nope, I didn't manage to find a pool in Crans Montana. Actually, I did find one, but decided not to pay the 45CHF to swim in it! Skiing was wonderful, but my daughter Kate broke her leg on the last day. The insurance company repatriated Kate and I via EasyJet on the Saturday (we had a row of 4 seats to ourselves), and we've all been sleeping downstairs in the lounge since then. (Kate's immobile at the moment.)

So, it's a bit of a blue summertime for us. We had a dreadful night's sleep, and I crept out of bed at 6 o'clock this morning to have a sneaky dip in the Lido. Kate and Elaine were finally fast asleep on the sofa and the floor respectively when I left the house.

I had hoped to be the first in the pool, but no, a lady in a purple swimsuit and neoprene top beat me to it. Still, I managed 50 minutes of swimming in 12 degrees water, and returned home to find Kate and Elaine still fast asleep. I've left them sleeping whilst I write this blog entry. If I can get enough sleep this evening, I'll sneak out early tomorrow morning too.

No comments:

Post a Comment