Friday 27 March 2015

Paperwork


Phew! I'm just back from the post office. Finally, all our paperwork is complete, and I've sent it special delivery to the Secretary of the Channel Swimming Association (CSA). The Royal Mail is guaranteeing to deliver it on Monday 30 March (special delivery because we have to send originals and not copies!). The CSA's deadline is 1 April for relay team applications.

So, tight, but not too tight. I had a slight panic last week when I spotted that Orlaith's GP had failed to fill in the most important bit of Orlaith's medical form - the box that says whether or not she's fit to swim! Orlaith dropped off the completed form last night, so we were good to go with paperwork this morning - 6x medical forms, 6x application forms for CSA associate membership, our team relay application form, and 6x 4x6 photos of each of us.

Now we can get on with training. 40 minutes in 8.8 degrees water this morning. I'm definitely getting used to the cold. Apparently the temperature of the Channel yesterday was 7.7 degrees,

I'm on the school's ski trip next week. I will look out for pools (or lakes!), and I have packed my swimming gear. I think I'll just have to use skiing as a form of cross-training though.

No comments:

Post a Comment