Saturday 21 March 2015

Double Challenge

I've signed up to take part in the Swimathon on Friday 15 April. Orlaith's signed up too, and people all round the country will be swimming pool lengths to raise money for Marie Curie Cancer Care.

I think Orlaith and I are braver and tougher than most, because we'll be doing our lengths in Brockwell Lido (all 100 of them - that's 5 kilometres). Goodness knows what the temperature will be. I only did 20 lengths this morning, and I'm still shivering.

So, Orlaith and I have a tough challenge. My challenge will be even tougher though, because Tim Sutton from Brockwell Swimmers has persuaded me to do an additional Swimathon as part of the Brockwell Swimmers team. So, 100 lengths for my original challenge, and then goodness knows how many lengths for the team challenge!

It all starts at 7.00am, so I'll be very, very cold and tired when I've finished. I'll take my sports camera and get video and pics. No dalek hat or red skin-suit this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment