Wednesday 29 October 2014

Is it a GoPro? Nope, it's an SJ4000!

Not a GoPro. An SJ4000!
We need to do a short promotional video for the swim. I've been collecting photographs and some interview video using my smartphone, but I really need some action footage - especially proof that we're training in cold water!

So, I need a GoPro sports camera. Actually, no I don't. I need an SJCAM SJ4000. It's effectively the same camera for a sixth of the price. Someone pointed out that you can by the SJ4000 with waterproof case and a zillion mounts and accessories for less than the price of the GoPro waterproof case. So, I've bought an SJ4000. And today, I tried it out in Brockwell Lido for the first time.

The lifeguard kindly allowed me to bring the camera into the pool. (They don't normally allow cameras in swimming pools, but I was practically the only one in the pool!) Well, it was brilliant. I strapped it to my head, and after 45 minutes of swimming in 14.4 degrees, my numb fingers could still operate the buttons on the waterproof case. And the clarity of the footage is amazing.

Look out for some exciting action footage in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment