Thursday 23 July 2015

T + 2: stand down

Well, here we are, one week after our aborted Channel swim.

I think our pilot, Reg, made the right decision. Having reviewed the weather report for that day, I now know that Alex and Debbie would’ve been swimming in gale force 6 winds (blowing in completely the wrong direction) and 10 foot waves.

So, now I’m going through the tricky process of rescheduling, trying to find another slot that suits all of us, the pilot, and a Channel Swimming Association observer.

Last time it took me 2 years to find a slot that suited 5 busy working ladies and a chair of governors. Now I only have 2 months.

So keep encouraging and helping us in our efforts to raise funds to kick-start a sports scholarship programme at Rosemead by …

Sponsoring us via justgiving: please sponsor us

No comments:

Post a Comment