Saturday 27 December 2014

Two weeks

Gosh, I can't believe it's more than two weeks since I last posted to the blog. What with Christmas and all the stuff that happens leading up to it (I had five carol services to do the music for, and a Santa gig for 360 children), I just haven't had time to get to the PC.

I have been swimming though! Today was my first time back in the water since Christmas day. The Lido was closed on Boxing day, and you had to sign up for a slot to swim on Christmas day (and yes, I was too late to do that). So, 8.30 this morning and I was back in water that was 6.6 degrees. Lovely! First in. Okay, it was raining, and it was dull and cloudy, but there's nothing quite like slipping into a silky smooth pool and hearing the gentle plop of water as your hands enter on each stroke. Lovely!

So, I'll be back in the water tomorrow first thing. I need to burn off some of my excess turkey and Christmas pud.

No comments:

Post a Comment