Thursday 6 November 2014

11.7 degrees

11.7 degrees! That was the temperature in Brockwell Lido this morning. I knew it was going to be cold when I scraped the ice of both cars, and the dashboard computer in Elaine's car showed the outside temperature to be 2 degrees.

I'm writing this 2 hours after getting back from the Lido, and my toes are still numb. It was a good swim though. No leaks from the new goggles, and they were comfortable will the curvier nose piece.

When I cheerfully announced "one for the pool please" and handed over my £3, the guy behind the reception desk gave me a 'really?' and 'are you sure?' look. But the Lido was busy this morning. More people than ever. There was something invigorating and macho about braving the water. On the whiteboard, it looked as though the lifeguard had had problems writing down the temperature (probably because his hands were too cold).

Can it get any colder? I'll let you know.


No comments:

Post a Comment